All Was Not Good


When I woke up on Monday, March 27, 2017 all was not good. I was having difficulty breathing. Over the next couple of days things progressively got worse and my right lung started to bleed. I have very little memory of any of this because I was sedated most of the time.

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 I was so bad they moved me into ICU and put me on life support. The doctor told my family, "Your father is very sick and there is nothing more we can do. He has less than 48 hours to live." My son Joshua looked at the doctor and said, "So what you are telling me doc is Jesus is about to do a miracle on my dad."

At that point my family did not listen to or focus on what the doctor said. They went into action and sent the word out through social media and many phone calls to let others know about the situation and to start praying. A prayer chain started at our church and people from all over the county were praying for me. God says in His word, “The prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.”

My family and others stood over my bed and prayed and read the Bible for hours. My son Joshua is a musician and he sat and sang songs to me. During this entire time I was out. I have no memory of any of this.

Within 48 hours from when the doctors told my family there was very little hope they couldn't find anything wrong with me. Jesus did a miracle. My right lung stopped bleeding and I started to heal. They couldn't explain it. On Sunday, April 2, 2017 they moved me out of ICU and on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 I walked out of the hospital a healed man. Praise God!!!

Never underestimate the power of faith and prayer. My family, friends and people I don't even know kept praying for a miracle. They never gave up or never stopped believing I would be completely healed. I am a walking miracle and a demonstration of the resurrection power of Jesus Christ!

And so for the next three to four months I began a daily effort to re-build my strength. I thought the colon surgery was tough. That was a walk in the park compared to what I was going through. I’ve never felt so weak. There was very little strength in my body. The recovery was very difficult and I was still in a lot of pain from the shingles which lasted several weeks.

After 30 days I started a cardio rehab program two to three days a week. This went on for several weeks as God continued to strengthen my heart and body. Over time, I became stronger and stronger.

I believe one of the single greatest determining factors where we will end up in life is how well we respond to adversity when it comes knocking on our door. And believe me, it will come knocking.

Stay tuned!